You can help by making a donation of money, medical supplies, school supplies, vehicles, transporting supplies to Cameroon, or by volunteering with ASCOVIME on the ground in Cameroon! Read on to find out how!
As an individual, a business, or a local community, the easiest way is to make a difference is by donating. The money will help the pay for medications, surgical supplies, and transport that can be bought in Cameroon for cheap. Even small donations go a long way in Africa, so a gift of $20 will really make a dent, and $50 will make you a real hero.
Donate Medical Supplies!
The United States adheres closely to expiration dates on medications and supplies, however, in most cases they are perfectly fine. If you have access to recently expired medical supplies, medications, or equipment listed below, they would be a great donation! Please get in touch with us and we can go from there!
- For Patient Consultations: Stethoscope, blood pressure meter, exam Gloves, Glucometer, thermometer
- Patient Medications:
- Antibiotics (amoxicillin, erythromycin, doxyciclin, cloxacilline, ceftriaxone, metronidazol, cotrimoxazol, cefuroxime, cefadroxil, ciprofloxacin, ofloxacin, gentamicin, nystatin…)
- Anti-inflammatory(ibuprofen, indomethacin, diclofenaco, ketoprofen, celecoxib, dexaméthasone)
- Pain killers (acetaminophen, paracetamol, tramadol, bupémorphine, morphine)
- Intestinal transit (phloroglucinol, omeprazole, ranitidine, albendazol)
- Anaesthetics (locals like xylocaïne, loco-regional and general)
- Anti-HTA and anti-diabetic drugs
- Ringer lactate/normal saline/glucose 5 and 10%/geloplasma/proteins and lipids for parenteral use
- For Surgery:
- Suture/stitches (vicryl 4-0; 3-0; 2-0; 0; 1; 2; Surgipro; non absorbable; prolene; absorbable)
- Sterile gloves ( 6.5; 7; 7.5; 8 )
- Scalpel blades
- Antiseptics( isobetadine, cytéal, alcohol , …)
- Forceps( with and without teeth, Debakey, gallstone)
- Clamps (stone,gastro intestinal, rubber shod ,allis, allen, babcock, De Matel, haemostatic like Halstead and adson, Kelly, kocher, right angle for the rectum, satinsky, …)
- Mesh/ cone lichtenstein (for hernias)
- Sclerosing solution for hemorroïd
- Rubber-banding for treatment of hemorroïd
- Drain (closed-suction, Jackson-Pratt, Hemovac)
- Retractors (Gelpi, Balfour, Hill-fergusson)
- Scissors (metzembaum, mayo, Potts…)
- Sterile metal boxes for instruments
- School Supplies
- For Transportation
- 4×4 Pickup Truck (for transporting supplies)
- 12-30 Passenger Van (for transporting medical teams)
Transport Supplies to Cameroon
If you’re traveling from the USA to Cameroon and you can spare some room in your luggage to carry any of the items listed above, ASCOVIME could use you! Please get in touch with us and we’ll get right back to you!
If you are student, teacher, doctor, nurse, or just looking to do some good in the world, this is a great opportunity! If you have any questions, feel free to contact us!